+1 vote

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 01:00:45 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the old Preferences and Administration menus!  New control panel
> reminds me of Suse, yuck!

Hmm.

The new control panel seems more reminiscent of Windows,  and that's okay
with me.  KDE's preferences sprawl is vast and convoluted.  The new Gnome
control panel seems pretty tame by comparison.  It basically is just putting
stuff that was in the preferences menu hierarchy and sticking it into a
browsing window.  I don't see the harm there.  Of course, these sort of
issues tend to bring out a lot of strong and differing opinions.  That's
probably why the Windows control panel can be displayed in a variety of
layouts XP version, and "classic" (list, icons, details).

Miles