Fedora 7 Test Update: kernel-2.6.21-1.3255.fc7

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 23:36:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 05:23:34PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

 > updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
 > > Fedora Test Update Notification
 > > FEDORA-2007-0926
 > > 2007-07-06 11:11:15.946017
 > >
 > > Name        : kernel
 > > Product     : Fedora 7
 > > Version     : 2.6.21
 > > Release     : 1.3255.fc7
 > > Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
 > > Description :
 > > The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
 > > Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
 > > of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device
 > > input and output, etc.
 >
 > Any chance of this kernel (specifically for the tickless power saving
 > advantages) making its way to FC6. I have a couple of applications that
 > are holding me on FC6 and so I can't make the jump to F7 yet. But my
 > core duo laptop could really use all the help it could get with battery
 > life.

.21 still has quite a few rough edges.  The current plan is to move
straight to .22 for FC6 shortly after it's release.
I'm assuming you're after the tickless work?  Still unsure whether to
enable that by default as an FC6 update.  Perhaps we'll try it for
the first test update, see what the fallout is like, and if it looks
scary, compile it in, but off-by-default.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk