Fedora Test Update e-mails?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Jul 7 03:50:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 12:08 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 07:27 -0500, Justin Conover wrote:
> > On 7/5/07, dexter <ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >         I'd vote for a Fedora Test Update Report 20070705
>
> > +5
> >
> > So who can actually do it ;)
>
> Yeah, I don't think we really want more mailing lists. Just batching the
> update mails so we get one per day (rather than 20-30) would be best.
>
> Guess we should poke around in the bodhi code and figure out how to make
> that happen. Luke (lmacken) is the bodhi author, but he's really busy
> with school stuff for a few more days.

Whatever way is chosen, mainly if it's a digest type email, maybe it
could be tied into when the updates and/or test-packages are pushed out?
Like a once a day thing at some early-in-the-morning type thing?  Or if
updates/testing packages are pushed out at various times, the
email/notifier would be pushed out at that early time with the
collection of the updates?

And BTW, by chance would the body content contain a little different and
shorter material so the digest/email wouldn't be so long?  Like the
name, version, summary/discription, why it's updated type thing, and so
on would work?

Just some thoughts/suggestions...

--
Mike Chambers