FC7: Pup / software upgrade failed this Sunday, now Pup, Yum, Rpm, X & others wont run at all

ron flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Mon Jul 16 14:27:30 UTC 2007

Hi-

  Did anybody else see this.  I just allowed the sw updater to run,
but it aborted with an internal error.  I last ran the updater only
about a week ago.

  I think there may have been some bad cross-dependency relations
involved.  The system (a recent Acer x86 laptop) can reboot, but
some key system libs have been left in an unstable state and a lot
of lib-related warnings are issued to the console during
startup/shutdown.  X now aborts on startup, but lucky for me, I
normally run in text-mode anyway... ;)

ron