Fedora Core 6 Test Update: kernel-2.6.22.1-15.fc6

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:31:23 UTC 2007

On 7/20/07, Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com> wrote:

> If you want to test the new libata, try booting with:
>
>    combined_mode=libata
>
> That will make libata control the CDROM drive. It should
> work fine with this kernel.

I've been using this for a while.  It seems to have fixed the cpu problems
when writing to DVD.

The only issue that I've noticed is that the iwl3945 driver is having
issues.  It loads finds the firmware, but I can't issue ifconfig wlan0 up or
ifconfig eth1 up.  I'm not too concerned with getting the iwl driver
working, since ipw3945 works.

lsmod |grep iwl
iwl3945               156965  0
mac80211              145865  1 iwl3945

dmesg |grep iwl
iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for
Linux, 0.0.25kd
iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
iwl3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

ifconfig wlan0 up
wlan0: error fetching interface information: Device not found