boot with mode=vesa

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:05:02 UTC 2007

Is there some switch to boot with vesa instead of detecting your video card
and using "nv" for example?  I have a newer mobile 8400 card and the screen
just goes black when it starts the gui.  I have been trying to build a
rawhide dvd since F7 doesn't detect my dvd drive after the initial boot,
which seems kind of odd that it boots and loads up and then ask cd/http/nfs
and then can't find the dvd driver.  FC6 installs but doesn't find the tg3
nic so updating turns into a problem :)

For what it is worth, Debian testing network boot installs fine and it is on
a 2.6.21 kernel.

I have tried some boot.iso's from rawhide the past week, but they just stop
on unpacking initrd.blah.