Seamonkey dep not met - prelink message

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 00:47:45 UTC 2007

I updated from a working F7 install to the development updates
yesterday. I do not have a working seamonkey which is my preferred
mailer program. Thunderbird does not work properly either.

Seamonkey will come up to where it displays the mail accounts and
initially the different folders. It does not show content within the
folders and soon messes up the browser also.

Anyway, I ran ldconfig (since it was discussed earlier for a different
topic), no help. I then ran prelink -am and got the below output when it
finished its run. What dependencies are not present on the system?

Prelink output:
 prelink -am
prelink: /usr/lib/seamonkey-1.1.3/regchrome: Could not find one of the
dependencies
prelink: /usr/lib/seamonkey-1.1.3/seamonkey-bin: Could not find one of
the dependencies
prelink: /usr/lib/esc-1.0.1/xulrunner/xulrunner-bin: Could not find one
of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ffserver: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared
library /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51
prelink: /usr/bin/ffplay: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared
library /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51
prelink: /usr/bin/umbrello: Non-PT_LOAD segment spanning more than one
section
prelink: /usr/bin/ffmpeg: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared
library /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51

--
*help!* - I need off this evolution "mailer"