Live x86_64 burning issues

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jun 2 19:03:50 UTC 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007 12:18:39 Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> This live CD image is too big for a CD but Nero refused to burn it to a
> DVD.  I had to burn it with Linux, which wasn't so picky.

> If it doesn't fit on a CD it should be authored for a DVD not CD.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but how does one "master" for a DVD rather than
a CD.  mkisofs is mkisofs.  I don't recall any specific settings for CD or
DVD or dual layer DVD or....  it's just an iso of a specific size.  Sounds
like a bug in Nero.

> And as long as it's being burned to a DVD there could be more
> stuff on it, particularly wine and thunderbird and perhaps Cinelerra
> and VLC ...
>
> The x86_64 install DVD should include  Pan, Thunderbird and Wine, at least
> as options.

The idea was not to fill it up to DVD size, it was to use the same package set
as the i386 but overflow due to multilib and larger binary sizes.  We still
wanted it to be a small(ish) download in comparison to the Fedora spin.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora