Gnome Decorations

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Jun 15 03:38:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 15:01 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Apparently no window manager is now running under Gnome.
> Attempts to set some desktop properties elicit the error that
> the window manager is undefined.
>
> I have been able to run twm  - better than nothing but I'd like
> to use Beryl with FC7.

I just upgraded (using updates-testing) and compiz no longer ran.
Metacity would run from the command line.

A quick search of the net suggested that all my configs were fine and
one site suggested that they fixed the problem (temporarily?) by
rebuilding the nvidia drivers.  I'm using livna, so I grabbed the
necessary SRPMS and rebuild them and now all is good again.

Weird, but maybe this might help

R.

> --
> Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
> Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
>   Omen Technology Inc      "The High Reliability Software"
> 10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665

 It's much better on my side"