F7 T3 selecting wrong type of drive

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Mar 30 14:25:05 UTC 2007

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 09:34:15AM -0400, jim tate wrote:
> > I downloaded the T3 'prime' DVD and it passed the "media
> test" in the
> > install process.
> > T3 is trying to select for me a 'sda' drive and it won't
> allow me to
> > change it to 'hda',    how can I get it to select a 'hda' drive.,
>
> All hard drives now appear under the SCSI subsystem because
> the kernel
> is now using libata instead of the old ide driver.  sda
> should be what
> was once hda.

Can you point me to some documentation which describes how
the sd* drives are provisioned?  That is, in a system with
only PATA drives (IDE), the primary master which was HDA
will be SDA.  What is supposed to happen on a system with
both PATA and SATA?
Maybe throw in a SCSI card and a USB drive for good measure.

Bob S