Re: F7t4 - intel driver doesn't seem to hot-swap displays

Adam Jackson wrote:
We don't have automatic plug detection quite wired up yet.  And we never
will, for some monitor types, because it would require polling, which is
usually not a price in battery life that people are willing to pay.

That makes sense.  Having a "detect displays" button like OS X has
works ok too.

The new version of the xrandr command line tool should give you enough
rope to hang yourself here.

Thanks!  With some experimentation and Googling I even managed to get
dual-screen working pretty well.  (I had edit the "Virtual" Display size
in xorg.conf, which is clunky.)  Perhaps for F8 we'll have a nice
GUI interface for managing multiple displays, but for now this works.
--
	--Per Bothner
per bothner com   http://per.bothner.com/