Re: ipw3945 on f7t4

On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux gmail com> wrote:
On 5/1/07, dragoran dragoran <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Tom London <selinux gmail com> wrote:
> > No, and thanks for the offer of help.
> >
> > It would help if you could provide steps for wpa_supplicant.  (Sorry,
> > but I've forgotten....).
> >
> > I'll have to shutdown NetworkManager first, right?  Anything else?
>  you need a config file call it whatever you want ex: wpa_supplicant.conf ;)
> mine looks like this:
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=wheel
> network={
>         ssid="yourssid"
>         proto=WPA
>         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
>         scan_ssid=1
>         pairwise=TKIP
>         group=TKIP
>         psk="yourpassword"
> }
> then do (as root)
> /sbin/service NetworkManager stop
> /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -D wext -i wlan0 -c /yoor/configfile.conf
> open a second terminal (after it has assiotated) and type (as root)
> dhclient wlan0
> after this the network should be up and running

This seems to work much better. In fact, I'm sending this message on a
WPA network.

Also, the [INFO possible recursive locking detected ] appears gone.

for me it always show up when the interface goes on for the first time... but it does not seem to affect anything

Something funny with NM/kernel interaction?  Scans during association?
dunno...seems to be a problem with nm+iwlwifi (have not tryed yet but will do tomorrow)
try open a new terminal and do iwlist scan
I tryed this and nothing bad happend.(scan during association)

Tom London

fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list redhat com
To unsubscribe: