Re: F7T4 -- pidgin-2.0.0-0.36.beta7.fc7 doesn't list jabber as a available protocol

On 5/7/07, Tim Lauridsen <tla rasmil dk> wrote:
Miles Lane wrote:
> I am attempting to add my googletalk account to Pidgin, but jabber
> isn't shown in the list of protocols to select from in the Add Account
> dialog.

The protocol used by googletalk and jabber is called XMPP, it's on the list

The point is that it isn't obvious at all!  For usability's sake,
please make the entry read "Jabber/XMPP".  Any average new user will
have never heard of XMPP and anyone who reads the Googletalk help
information will only see Jabber mantioned.

Simple fix, really.

     Miles