F7T4 GDM login - how to change image for user?

I presume that the login picture for a user in the new GDM screen is changeable to a real picture or any arbitrary graphic.

I have attempted to change it to a picture by using  System > Preferences > Personal > About Me to change the picture there.  The picture I want to use shows up on that screen, but does not appear in the GDM login screen.

How can a user make a picture of their choice show up on the login screen?

Thanks.  Gerry