Re: Installation of Flash plugin on Fedora 7 test 4 in Firefox

On 5/10/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt tmp0701 nospam arcor de> wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:24:47 +1000, Lex Hider wrote:

> On Thursday 10 May 2007 16:40:07 Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > On 5/9/07, mack wrote:
> > > i haven't had any problems, i used the rpm install (9.0.31.0)
> >
> > I'm writing this email from the point of new linux desktop user who
> > doesn't know what is RPM and franly it shouldn't (like my mom).
> >
> > But who knows how to read screen messages and click a few buttons.
> >
> > How does flash install for you if you uninstall RPM and go to a flash site?
>

> I can successfully install flash via the firefox plugin search mechanism.
> Do you have the x86_64 version of fedora installed?

Watch his videos! He is able to install the plugin after a few
attempts. It looks a bit like access to download servers (mirrors?) might
be fragile with poor error-handling, but that is just a wild guess.

it would be nice if this errors are not visable for firefox users, and
so that firefox tries a few times and installs the plugin first time
users tries do install it.