fc7t4 updates hangs laptop

Hi,

I booted my laptop from the f7t4 live CD and this worked just fine for
me. I then installed it to my hard drive, again without issues (nice
work, btw)
Rebooting the PC, and everything was just fine. But then pup came on,
telling me about 40 updates were available (just one hour before I
wrote this). So me, being a good user, clicked on ok when asked for
installing these. Now after the updates where finished, I needed to
reboot my machine (new kernel). Now it seems the newly installed kernel
(kernel.i686 2.6.21-1.3116.fc7) isn't working too good, since it
blocked my pc everytime after finishing starting up (really freezes: my
shift lock and numlock leds are blinking and the rest is all freezed
up). The old kernel is still fine though (2.6.20-1.3104.fc7).
Anybody else with this kind of problem? Any idea how to debug this?

Franky