Windows displayed incorrectly?

I've been playing with F7 and have managed to mess up my desktop
somehow.  Any windows that I open have no title bar and are in the
upper left corner of the screen over the toolbar.  I've tried
everything I can think of to fix it.  I've reloaded gdm, I've tried
resetting display sizes, and I removed and replaced the toolbar.  If
I start the computer as root it works fine, it is just my user that
is messed up.  If I use kde or xfce the problem is the same.  Any
ideas what I've messed up?

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson