how to mount cifs via /etc/fstab - is this a bug in Fedora 7 ?

Can you please check if what I'm experiencing is a bug so I submit it
a so one or am I doing something wrong.

In my /etc/fstab I have:

//10.10.10.1/disk     /disk cifs
username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=fedora74,gid=fedora74,bg,soft    0 0

If I'm on another network (away from home) and I boot Fedora 7 my
system freezes while trying to mount cifs mount point.

I thought that options "bg,soft" should fail in the background it cifs
mount fails - but instead it prevents my system from booting.

How can I fix this? Should I file this as a bug?

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241