Re: hard hang at boot -- i386 F7T4 + latest rawhide

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 14:09 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> At power up box hangs (keyboard lights blinking) about 50% of the time
> while it appears to be starting the network.  Running on a Dell
> Precision 470.  Weird thing is that I power the box off and it boots
> fine the next time.

Yeah, I've seen a similar thing on my Dell Precision 480 (ha ha, mine's
10 bigger!)

> No information in /var/log/messages and I don't have a serial cable handy.

Did your traceback have e1000 functions in it? Mine did..

I pulled the latest kernel out of koji and was about to give that a try.
I'll let you know how it goes.

-w