X restart while updating?

Just ran yumex in my fc7t4 partition and while it was running the
transaction (not sure how far along it was), the X server
suddenly restarted. It may have actually gotten finished, because the
rpm database gives no indication of being scrogged, but this
is certainly behavior I never saw before. Has this happened to
anyone else?