Re: X restart while updating?

Tom Horsley wrote:
Just ran yumex in my fc7t4 partition and while it was running the
transaction (not sure how far along it was), the X server
suddenly restarted. It may have actually gotten finished, because the
rpm database gives no indication of being scrogged, but this
is certainly behavior I never saw before. Has this happened to
anyone else?

Not recently but in the past. Usually extreme upgrades from one distro level to another respawn X during some package update phase.

If you check your cache, there might be some packages in the cache. When Yum exits abruptly, like with X respawning, yum does not finish but bails.

What does 'package-cleanup --problems' output?

Jim

--
If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
		-- Arthur Kasspe