Re: boot.iso

Jason Taylor wrote:
I have noticed when trying to install devel from boot.iso that when
inputting the HTTP location it will sometimes prepend a "/" to the directory
location after selecting "ok" even if it wasn't typed this causes an error
"unable to retrieve
http://mirror.anl.gov//pub/fedora-linux-core/development/i386/os/images/stage2.img";
when going back to remove the offending "/" the problem is repeated.
I noticed similar for ftp urls.

It was mentioned some time ago that unix fs ? formats allow directory reference with one or more / as directory separators, so in theory they should be OK.

I tried clicking your url. Even with the // changed to /, the link returns a 404. Perhaps the link is incorrect ? Did it come from a mirror {perhaps mirror list needs updating}. Also, I understand the mirror structure may have been changed.

Try going up a few directories ;)

DaveT.