Re: X Freezes?

No spin down or suspend is enabled.

I cam back from a 5 day vacation about 6 months ago, my FC6 machine
took about 10 minutes to refresh from being frozen!

On 5/22/07, Alan Cox <alan redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 06:20:28AM -0500, Dr. Diesel wrote:
> wake it up and flick on the Firefox (or any open app i believe) the
> screen freezes.  Anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds, nothing refreshes.
> Then all of the sudden, everything is good!  Both machines are running

If your system is set to suspend things or shut the disks down after a long
idle time then 5-20 seconds is about right for the disk to spin back up

> It seems the longer the machine is idle, the longer it is frozen.

Aka: "the more hardware was turned off"