f7t4 - PATA drive not recognized on Asus P4S8X-MX]

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.net
Tue May 22 15:27:49 UTC 2007

Have a fc6 system running on a Asus P4S8X-MX, with / and /boot
partititions on hda and some other raided partitions on sda and sdb

Now when I tried to upgrade to f7t4 only SATA drives were recognized,
but not the parallel drive. The CD/DVD drive (primary slave) was recognized.

Hand copied from screen:
ata1: PATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x000101f0 ctl 0x000103f6 bmdma 0x0001ffa0
irq 14
ata2: PATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x00010170 ctl 0x00010376 bmdma 0x0001ffa8
irq 15
scsi1: pata_sis
ata1: port is slow to respond, please be patient (Status 0xd0)
ata1: port failed to respond (30 secs, status 0xd0)
ATA: abnormal status 0xD0 on port 0x000101f7

Could drop the parallel ATA from the system but I have >100 GB of data
on the drive, so I hope this can be fixed and I will be able to use the
parallel drive after upgrading.

lspci and dmesg from the running fc6 system attached.

Anything else I could do to get a diagnosis?