No /dev/pilot when I plug in my Palm Zire 72

When I plug in my Palm Zire 72, I don't get a /dev/pilot created.

It creates a /dev/ttyUSB[0|1], but the syncing software is looking
for /dev/pilot, so it doesn't work.

I could change the syncing software, but this should just work, so I'm
asking, do I need to file a bug and against what.

 It's much better on my side"