Incoming email crashed Evolution

A news email from eweek caused Evolution to repeatedly crash
on startup.  I had to remove the email with command line tools.

In addition, the address book defaults to blank instead of
personal every time I compose a message.  I have only one address
book, why can't it be be default?

Since there are many emails that do not display properly with
Evolution, I'm looking at Thunderbird.  Any comments on
Linux Thunderbird as an alternative to Evolution?

"it needs to evolve" - James T. Kirk
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
       10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231