Re: Cannot burn DVD

2007/5/24, Niels Weber <nathelbiya gmail com>:
2007/5/24, Niels Weber <nathelbiya gmail com>:
> I cannot burn DVD with rawhide, with FC6 all worked fine.
> I get the same error, whether burning as root or as user.
>
> :-( unable to open64("/dev/sr0",O_RDONLY): No such file or directory
>
> And the application tells me to enter an empty disk. Nautilus
> recognizes that there is a DVD+R inserted.
>
> Is this a known problem? Any solutions?

Replying to myself with further information. I forgot to mention, that
I tried to burn with Gnomebaker and also with the Nautilus CD burning
thing.
It is a PATA burner. I also got a PATA DVD-ROM drive and Serial-ATA hard disks.

Anyone else experiencing this? Should I file a Bugzilla report? Against what?

I have tested some more. k3b also fails to burn. The only message that
looks like an error is:

growisofs
:-( unable to anonymously mmap 33554432: Resource temporarily unavailable

I tried as root and I also tried with setenforce 0.

Any ideas?

Niels