Re: Newest kernel Fedora (2.6.21-1.3194.fc7) killed ndiswrapper

On 28/05/07, Arch Willingham <arch tuparks com> wrote:
Stupid question:....I did a man insmod but what's insmod? Am I supposed to run it?

Sorry Arch, insmod is the command to insert a module (in this case your ndiswrapper.ko which is the ndiswrapper linux kernel module). You said

Note that of teh output below, there were only two new errors: "WARNING: "__spin_lock_init" [/downloads/ndiswrapper-1.44/driver/ndiswrapper.ko] undefined!" and "FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.21-1.3194.fc7/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)"
so it would be good to see what dmesg says. There are 'other' repositories that hold ndiswrapper and you will probably want to use these rather than compiling from source when f7 is released. Anyway, if you try to load ndiswrapper again and then as and when it fails post back the output of:

dmesg | tail -n 20

Cheers
Chris

--