Re: request: someone with F7 RC2 i386 dvd iso downloaded

David Timms wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a proof of concept tool for downloading large images when the downloadee already has much of the content on the iso, with the intent to mostly use existing mechanisms / tools, and be more efficient than jigdo. I am keen to have someone who has downloaded the recent F7 i386 dvd iso run the following command on the iso file: iso-info -q -l -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.iso-info.txt

OK, I realize that I'm missing some detail from the dump that John sent me. This is another request for a dump: however, you do have to have libcdio rpm installed so that the command is available:

$ iso-info -q -l -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso
>  >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.iso-info.txt

It would also be useful to have the result of:
$ isoinfo -lR -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso | bzip2 -c >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.isoinfo.txt.bz2

Basically either command should give the info my tool needs, however the formating is different; I'm not sure which is simpler to parse, nor which is more commonly installed ?

DaveT.