Sound on F8t3

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Nov 1 01:01:44 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>

>> I haven't changed anything, I'm trying to be a dumb user;-) If I futz
>> around to make it work, it doesn't help others much. If we can figure
>> what's wrong, then it might get fixed properly.
>
> There really isn't anything to fix. The software is available in the
> repository and many others have confirmed it. Feel feel to use a
> different mirror and run yum clean all to refresh it.

Well, not all the software one needs was available from the install
sources. What I'm running is, as I understand it, what's proposed to F8.

What repos should I enable _now_ to upgrade to what's in the latest f8
proposal?

>> Er, why would it be in the development repo? I'm not building software.
>
> Test 3 is a snapshot from the development repository aka rawhide. When
> you install and run yum update you need to have the development
> repository enabled.

Ah. However,
Installing:
  kde-settings-pulseaudio  noarch     3.5-34.fc8       development
  6.5 k
Updating for dependencies:
  kde-settings            noarch     3.5-34.fc8       development
  14 k

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       1 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 21 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-pulseaudio-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-pulseaudio-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-pulseaudio-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/development/x86_64/os/Packages/kde-settings-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.

Error Downloading Packages:
   kde-settings-pulseaudio - 3.5-34.fc8.noarch: failure:
Packages/kde-settings-pulseaudio-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm from development:
[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
   kde-settings - 3.5-34.fc8.noarch: failure:
Packages/kde-settings-3.5-34.fc8.noarch.rpm from development: [Errno
256] No more mirrors to try.

--

Cheers
John