Printing problems and SELinux hcid/bluetooth_t issues.

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Nov 1 20:48:13 UTC 2007

Hey, gang.  Under F8T3, when I bring up the Gnome printer manager
(System->Admin->Printing), I get a cryptic message about cups:

There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'server-error-service-
unavailable'

I've never seen this before.  cupsd is running, the /etc/hosts file
can resolve the host's names and all, but I can't print or do anything.
Has anyone seen this and can you point me to some possible things to
look at?

I've also seen some SELinux denials regarding hcid (bluetooth_t), both
in "dac_override" and an unlink in /var/run (I think...deciphering
SELinux crud makes my head hurt).  Any ideas on that?
- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-  Silence!  Or I shall replace you with a very small shell script!  -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -