FC8RC3 fails to start on Intel Motherboard

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Nov 2 18:41:04 UTC 2007

I downloaded RC3 despite Comcast's best efforts.  DVD verified,
gpaphical install uneventful.  I selected format for both root and swap.

RC3 x86_64 on an Intel DG33BU motherboard, Core Duo,
and 7950gt pci-e video.

default boot still hangs after nash announces itself.

Boot without "quiet" shows the same divide error interrupts
as previously reported.  On a hunch, I added "noresume" to
the loader command.  The check for resume was skipped
but Fedora still went into divide error interrupt spasms.

I downloaded the live Fedora.  Unfortunately the ISO
is specified for a CD but is too big to fit.  Nero refuses
to burn it on a DVD.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665