F8rc3 Live

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Fri Nov 2 22:14:41 UTC 2007

I tried out F8rc3 Live disk today and it looks good and runs great.
It even recognized my USB wireless card and connected to my WPA2
network with no problems.  Truly scary.

I was not able to get the Java plugin working for Firefox however.  I
don't know what the problem is.  FF shows the plugin installed and I
even added the compat-libstdc++-33.i386.rpm and it still wouldn'
work.  Anybody else try it?

Is there some where I can get a copy of the boot.iso from the DVD to
test to see if the boot up bug has been fixed?  I don't want to
download the whole DVD as I have limited bandwidth here and it would
take several days.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson