Differences between RHEL and Fedora 8?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 12 16:50:46 UTC 2007

Keith Roberts wrote:

> So are you saying that the Fedora release is the testing ground for
> RHEL, by approx 1 year ahead of the RHEL releases?

Fedora is upstream for RHEL (ie) RHEL is a derivative distribution of
Fedora and every third release of Fedora or so is the basis of the
subsequent RHEL release too. The exact time period varies. Fedora
releases are 6 months apart and RHEL releases are 12 to 18 months apart
from each other.

> So if I learn Fedora Linux administration, would that cover me for
> passing RHCE exams?

Not really, no. You probably want RHEL or a rebuild of it.

Rahul