FreeBSD Still Kills Fedora

ne... guhvies at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:55:24 UTC 2007

On 27/11/2007, Bryn M. Reeves <breeves at redhat.com> wrote:

> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> > I tried changing the partition type of the offending FreeBSD
> > partition to several different values including Compaq diagnostics.
> > Fedora still dies with a flood of divide error interrupts.
> > Apparently Fedora is reading that partition and barfing,
> > ignoring the partition ID.
>
> Have you succeeded in capturing the messages? That would shed some light
> on what's going on and how to fix it.
Well in my case there is nothing really to capture. During the boot
process, it gets stuck on the line:

Trying to resume from /dev/sda2

which is a swap partition. The only way I can boot FC8 is to pull the
cable on the BSD drive. This is not a long term solution for me, so I
don't use FC8 at the moment.

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.