notice of rawhide doom: kde4 coming Dec 1-7

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Nov 27 23:56:20 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:

> Will it be possible to install these on F8 alongside the existing KDE,
> with the ability to choose which at login?

In short, no.  The kde3 and kde4 desktops (for the most part) are not
parallel-installable, so it's an either/or thing.

Having said that, the kde4 development platform (kdelibs4, kdepimlibs,
kdebase4) is already available for F-7/8 in order build and run kde4-based
applications.  We are also considering building some parts of kde4, like
kde4 versions of kdeedu and kdegames, for F-7/8 as well.

-- Rex