Bugzilla 'version' changes for Fedora this Friday!

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Thu Nov 29 19:25:08 UTC 2007

Will Woods schrieb:
> Hi folks!
>
> To help make Bugzilla easier to use and understand, we're going to make
> two changes to the 'version' field:
>
> 1) Stop using the fNtestX versions, and
> 2) Rename "devel" to "rawhide".

you could add:
3) stop using fN
4) move all bugs to "rawhide"

F7 - general availablity 31 May 2007
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
Pending (46)
Testing (181)
Stable (2767)
Security (188)

F8 - final rlease 8 November 2007
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
Pending (37)
Testing (190)
Stable (514)
Security (35)

sorry, but since f7 fedora is getting a mass-yum_update-distri which i personally would no longer call a stable distri.
redhat/fedora was at least in my opinion a distri with a little but stable set of packages for servers and desktops.

it seems that fedora is now going into a completely other direction
- a lot of new packages - more quantity instaead of quality

--

shrek-m