Bugzilla 'version' changes for Fedora this Friday!

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Thu Nov 29 23:20:25 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:25:08 +0100
> "shrek-m at gmx.de" <shrek-m at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> sorry, but since f7 fedora is getting a mass-yum_update-distri which
>> i personally would no longer call a stable distri. redhat/fedora was
>> at least in my opinion a distri with a little but stable set of
>> packages for servers and desktops.
>>
>> it seems that fedora is now going into a completely other direction
>> - a lot of new packages - more quantity instaead of quality
>>

> To be fair, there is a vastly larger amount of software in Fedora as of
> F7, so a larger number of "updates" for F7 is to be expected, there are
> just more packages

fc6+extras:
lftp download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/linux> ls
core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/*.rpm | grep -v devel | wc -l
1860
lftp download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/linux> ls
extras/6/i386/*.rpm | grep -v devel | wc -l
4519
== 6379

f7:
lftp download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/linux/releases> ls
7/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/*.rpm | grep -v devel | wc -l
== 6336

f8:
lftp download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/linux/releases> ls
8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/*.rpm | grep -v devel | wc -l
== 7235

rawhide:
lftp download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/linux> ls
development/i386/os/Packages/*.rpm | grep -v devel | wc -l
== 7514

--
shrek-m