Master configuration file for services?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Oct 11 15:20:30 UTC 2007

Would it be possible to have one master configuration file
that is read on boot time to determine which system services
are run please? Something like /etc/fstab, but for system
services rather than mount points? Or will this conflict
with /etc/sysconfig/ files?

I'm having to spend ages on disabling services with
chkconfig <sname> off.

I want to disable all un-need services on my machines, to
save memory and for a faster boot up time. Then just
re-enable any service that are definately required.

Regards

Keith Roberts

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net