F7.92 problems found so far - F7.92 Xen guest of F7 dom0

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Oct 11 20:18:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Mike Carney wrote:

> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> From: Mike Carney <mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: F7.92 problems found so far - F7.92 Xen guest of F7 dom0
>
> Greetings,
>
> Install / reboot of F7.92 xen guest on a F7 dom0 went well. Only two
> problems noticed so far:
>
> 1) During install, did manual IPv4 configuration. When install was complete,
> noticed that resultant /etc/hosts entry for IPv4 loopback address
> erroneously concatenated the name I entered with "localhost.localdomain":
>
> 127.0.0.1               oliverlocalhost.localdomain localhost
>
> Should have been:
>
> 127.0.0.1               oliver localhost.localdomain localhost

I can confirm the same behaviour with hostname in /etc/hosts
happens on my laptop installation of F8t3. I posted this
recently to the list.

[quote]
The only thing that looks odd is the contents of my
/etc/hosts file, which is:

127.0.0.1    fedora-laptoplocalhost.localdomain localhost
::1          localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

should that first line not be

127.0.0.1    fedora-laptop  localhost.localdomain  localhost

my hostname is fedora-laptop

[/quote]

> 2) crond doesn't work. I installed a crontab for root, and
> the jobs listed there never run. The same crontab works
> fine for FC5, FC6, and F7. crond is running; restarting it
> doesn't help. It simply doesn't run the jobs. Nothing
> suspicious found in /var/log/audit/audit.log either.

I have not tested this out yet.

Regards

Keith

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net