"yum update" dependency error

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 12 13:32:33 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 02:17:53 am Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > ... An I agree, most things should be BZ'd rather than work'd
> > around. I just don't think this is one for your standard Rahul
> > BZ response. I agree with the OP that this list is a proper
> > place to note daily mirror/--s-b problems... but BZ no.  Heck
> > it'll probly be fixed manyana anyhow YMMV
>
>   and this brings me back to my original question -- if i do a
> "yum update" and just happen to catch a whole pile of new updates
> which produce a dependency error somewhere, should i (or anyone
> else) just casually mention it on this list as soon as it
> happens?
>
>   that dependency error might, of course, just be due to mirrors
> that haven't caught up yet, but it might also be a real problem
> that no one had noticed.
>
>   personally, i'm still tempted to post and point it out, but i'm
> willing to be dissuaded if others think it's inappropriate.
>
> rday

    IMO, this list is the best place (an said so).  I also follow
yum-devel an most often, they're aware of the problem(s) w/o readin
about them here.  But I believe it still helps.

    IE, yesterday
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2007-October/004458.html
    ... an it is fixed today
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas