my two (and a half) F8T3 blocking issues

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:07:06 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 09:39 -0400, Fulko Hew wrote:
> > I still have two (and a half) F8T3 issues that I consider blocking for
> > me,
> > that I haven't really seen any else comment on or complaints about.
> >
> > BTW. My hardware is a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop with
> >      Intel 3945 wireless and Intel video.
> >
> > 1/ I can no longer run the display in its native 1680x1050 mode.
> >    In T1, it just worked (without needing the 915resolution kludge)
> >    In T3, when I run system-config-display...
> >      a) if I select Video card->i810, it doesn't stick and reverts
> >         back to 'unknown'.
>
> Select 'intel', not 'i810'.

Thanks for the advise.  That worked.

But I'd swear... that when I tried that 2 weeks ago, either it:
a/ died a horrible death, so I reverted back to i810, OR
b/ F8T1 had a different auto-detect/default, and it auto-changed
   from intel to i810 when I "yum updated'ed" to T3.
Or I could just be suffering from a brain lapse.  :-(

> I should fix that better though.

I suppose... the side effect was a little confusing.

Now if I could only get the Intel 3945 wireless to work again.  :-(