blackberry support on fedora 8

Ben Little bjaming at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 23:38:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my blackberry as a tethered modem and am having some
difficulties, I'm not quite sure how to set this up in the first place which
is probably the majority of my problem

I've installed "barry" but am unable to get barry-utils installed because of
this;

Missing Dependency: libboost_serialization.so.2 is needed by package
barry-util

I've looked into the provides for that file and apparently it's "boost"
which is installed.

boost-1.34.1-5.fc8
boost-1.34.1-5.fc8
boost-devel-1.34.1-5.fc8

(one is i386, one is x86_64 -- that's why it's listed twice)

I've read about XMBlackBerry but am unable to get that installed (more
dependency issues)

does anyone have good information on making a blackberry work as a tethered
modem on fedora 8?

Thanks!