python-iniparse rejects baseurls with commented lines and indented values

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 2 05:27:22 UTC 2007

Hi, on a machine running f8t1, I updated yum to development, which:
installed python-iniparse 0.2.1-2.fc8
updated   yum 3.2.4-3.fc8

Now yum commands rejects my repo files:
# yum update rpm
Config Error: File contains parsing errors:
file://///etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.reo
         [line  8]:
http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7.90/Eve/

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
====
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
baseurl=
#  ftp://infrastructure-server/linux/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/disc/
#
ftp://infrastructure-server/linux/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/fedora/
#
ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
#
ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
#
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY

[fedora-debuginfo]
====
Since the above will be wrapped and might not be obvious - simplified:

baseurl=
#  http://internalsite/fedora/path/
   http://ispsmirror/fedora/path/
   http://incountrymirror/fedora/path/
#  http://incountrymirror2/fedora/path/

mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch

OK, I can solve this deleting the two space characters that I used to
indent the baseurl's {leaving the commented lines}, aka:
=====
baseurl=
#  http://internalsite/fedora/path/
http://ispsmirror/fedora/path/
http://incountrymirror/fedora/path/
#  http://incountrymirror2/fedora/path/
=====
or  I can remove the commented lines alltogether, leaving the indentation:
=====
baseurl=
   http://incountrymirror/fedora/path/
=====

I think that rejecting indented lines if there is an intervening comment
is being unnecessarily strict. The key is capable of having multiple
values, separated by newlines. We should be able to comment out
individual lines {and not permanently remove them}. We should also be
able to indent lines to more clearly indicate the structure of the
settings in the file.

I can report this as a bug, but where: yum, bugzilla.redhat.com, or
upstream ?

DaveT.