Re: Fedora Infinity · Re: rawhide report: 20070830 changes

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:27:16 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:
> :-( First this update resulted in a totally white background.
> Hopefully not the case when upgrading from F7.  Then I entered the
> appearance prefs to choose the new Fedora Infinity background. Some
> time later it turned out that Nautilus gets very active every 2 secs
> for a longer time, loading infinity background related files again and
> again, which made find out it's some sort of animated desktop
> background. Overhead. Complete overhead. I'm going back to a copy of
> F7's background or a custom one.

What's needed is a symlink for the default.jpg location from what was
in F7 fedora-logos to one of the static infinity images for a default.
Probably worth putting a bug in against fedora-logos and/or
desktop-backgrounds-basic. One or the other needs to provide the
default.jpg location.

The "animation" is time based and is meant to change roughly once an
hour to mimic changes in ambient light. But I don't think its meant to
be the default, since its the first time we're making use of the
feature.

-jef