Rawhide install as of 9/5/07

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Sep 5 19:42:51 UTC 2007

I performed a network install via boot.iso today and so far so good.

The system seemed to be a tad slow during install (while installing the
packages themselves anyway) or so I thought.

Also once installed and booted, when pointing to
Menu/System/Preferences/Look and Feel/Appearance, once the window popped
up, it was unresponsive and I had to force quit it.  Now, after I
disabled services that I no longer needed (maybe one of them caused a
problem with it, or the system to be slow or something?), and rebooted
it has worked ever since.

I did install the echo-icon-them as I like that better (should that had
been installed by default?).

But other than that, so far so good.

--
Mike Chambers