no updates

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:20:37 UTC 2007

On 11/09/2007, ray goss <itsmealso2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> since the update of sept 9  software updater has been
> telling me there are no updates , I can see the
> updates if I use my browser to access the repos , I
> have installed the latest yum updates manualy no help
> , I am new to fedora but not linux any help on finding
> the problem would be appreciated . when I run software
> updater I can see internet activity so I believe it is
> accessing the repos , I can install packages with
> add/remove software just no new packages ( versions)
> are shown . for instance the last kernal I show is
> 2.6.23-0.169  and I can see 0.171 in the repo.

Maybe the mirror site picked at random has not been fully synced yet,
and so did not have those updates?

Could you manually override the relevant file in /etc/yum.repos.d/ ,
comment out the mirroring and tell it to specifically use the mirror
that you know have the new kernel, and see if the problem persists?

--
Michel