Fedora 8 Test 2 on an Inspiron 9300

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Sep 18 04:29:19 UTC 2007

Okay, some feedback on some of the issues below:

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 21:05 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> Evolution doesn't filter spam, which is a huge pain in the bum.  I use
> bogofilter to filter spam and under f7 it's been great.  I've installed
> bogofilter, but evolution-bogofilter (or was it bogofilter-evolution)
> doesn't seem to exist.  Is this still supported, or should I be using
> something else.

Bogofilter is supported, but it turns out there is a(n obscure) setting
in Edit > Preferences > Mail Preferences > Junk which is 'Default junk
plugin: ' and this had nothing selected.  I've selected 'Bogofilter',
the only option in the list (I've disabled spamassasin) and now spam
filtering works.

> Evolution also doesn't sort by date in a descending order.  I sort new
> mail by date, but prefer to have the most recent emails at the top.
> Evolution doesn't seem to want to do this anymore.

After the last update, evolution is not doing this a bit better, but not
right.

I thread my messages, and it not seems to be sorting by Date in a
descending order (most recent at the top) based on the last message in
the thread (instead of the first one).

I'm not sure what implications this has for re-ordering when old threads
get new messages (will the move to the top of the page) but it isn't
what I would expect, which is that threads are sorted based on the
original message in the threads date.

> My laptop doesn't wake from suspend.  I'm pretty sure this is the old
> 'nv' driver doesn't wake from suspend issue I've had before and the
> sooner I can get that disease ridden nvidia driver (from livna)
> compiled, the sooner I can confirm this.  However, the build method has
> changed and I can't figure it out, so if someone can give me a hand
> getting this working, then I can file a bug against the 'nv' driver with
> regard to resume issues.

I'd still like to know how to compile the livna nvidia drivers (messages
off list happily taken) but Ajax informs me that the 'nv' driver is
'hibernate only'.

R.
 It's much better on my side"