Gnome Panel needs Mono?!

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Sep 19 22:51:09 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>>
>> Why the push for C# applications? Is it a SuSE & Microsoft move?
>
> The OP's question was reasonable. You are adding unnecessary flames to
> it. Don't do that. I assume it was done to pull in Tomboy by default
> since it part of GNOME and installed by default but can probably be done
> better via comps.xml. Same goes for gthumb and GNOME volume manager.
>
> Rahul

Adding it to comps.xml sounds great to me. I don't find value in a
program like tomboy.

Though commenting further on a SuSE and Microsoft conspiracy to change
the code base for all of GNOME into C# is a tempting subject to explore
off of the list.

No mono please.

Jim

--
I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then