icedtea-plugin rocks!

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Sat Sep 22 23:54:38 UTC 2007

Justin Conover wrote:
> Thanks for all you work, nice to have a java plugin for x64 browsers
> now!  A great added feature, not sure if it will be a hidden feature or
> talked about.  Any chance of it being installed by default, so new users
> don't have to think about java and can just be surprised?

It would also be really nice if Java Web Start were installed.
If I understand correctly, this means  installing javaws in /usr/bin,
and associating the extension .jnlp with javaws.

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/jnlp/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Web_Start
--
	--Per Bothner